It was late into the evening before procrastination turned its obnoxious head toward reality. I didn’t have a cookie platter for my husband to take to work the next morning. So, off to my muse I went in search of inspiration. I was hoping for something easy, and then it hit me! I turned the corner and smacked my cart into a display of Strawberry Milkshake Crème Oreos.
Ok, I can take a hint. Here you go Oreo God! I hope I’ve done you justice.
1 (22.5 ounce) box Hershey’s Original Supreme Brownie Mix
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 (12 ounce) package Limited Edition Strawberry Milkshake Oreos
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow crème
1/3 cup strawberry preserves
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap a 13x9 inch pan with foil and brush thoroughly with vegetable oil.
2. Place the Oreos in a gallon size bag and seal. With the side of a large heavy spoon break up the Oreos into chunks. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the brownie mix with syrup packet, water, vegetable oil, eggs, and 1 cup of the crushed Oreos.
4. Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 27 to 29 minutes, or until no longer wet looking.
5. Meanwhile, mix together the marshmallow crème and strawberry preserves. Set aside.
6. After removing brownies from the oven, immediately dollop on the marshmallow crème and spread gently to coat the brownies. Top with the rest of the crushed Oreos and press gently to stick. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan.
7. For easier cutting, move the pan of brownies to the freezer for 1 hour. Then, lift by the foil and peel it away. Cut into strips using a hot knife. Clean knife off after each cutting with hot water and a paper towel. Then cut the other direction into squares.
Warning! These are very sweet. If you want a less sweet brownie you can skip the marshmallow crème and strawberry preserves. Just lightly press in the remaining crushed Oreos during the last 15 minutes of baking.
Makes about 35 brownies.
Recipe by Laura Flowers