It’s difficult to get my curries not to look like cat food, so you’ll just have to trust me that this one tastes good. I’m guessing this is the reason I see more curry recipes without images than with.
This creamy vegetable filled curry is even better the next day. So pack it up for lunch and know that you’re taking something healthy and flavorful with you.
Vegetables in Curried Coconut Milk
Serve as a main dish over steamy brown rice.
1 large onion, sliced
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 large carrots, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large potato, cubed
1-1/2 cups cauliflower florets, sliced
8 mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Pinch of cayenne pepper
14.5 ounce can vegetable broth (or chicken if you prefer)
1 cup light coconut milk
1 cup peas
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. In a large saucepan, sauté the onions, garlic, and carrots in oil on medium-high heat until the onions become translucent.
2. Add the vegetables, curry, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne, stirring often so they don't stick to the pan, cooking for 2-4 minutes.
3. Add the broth and coconut milk, cover, and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes can be pierced easily with a fork.
4. Stir in the peas. Cook uncovered on medium-high heat stirring constantly until the liquid has thickened.
5. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over brown rice.
Servings Per Recipe: 6 Serving. Size: 1/6 recipe. Brown rice not included in calorie count. Per Serving: Calories 159.3 Total Fat 5.4 g Saturated Fat 3.0 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.6 g Monounsaturated Fat 2.1 g Cholesterol 1.5 mg Sodium 355.9 mg Potassium 737.6 mg Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g Dietary Fiber 5.2 g Sugars 4.7 g Protein 4.7 g