Monday, August 8, 2011
What a great recipe from Health.com! It’s fast, beautiful, fresh and packed with some of my favorite ingredients. Don't have a grill at home? No worries. Searing scallops in a skillet works just as well.
This recipe makes four very small portions or two normal sized entrees.
Grilled Scallops with Lemon Chickpea Salad
"The power duo of scallops and chickpeas provides fiber, vitamin B12, and omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for brain and heart health."
15.5 ounce can garbanzo beans
1 clove garlic, minced
1 stalk celery
1/3 cup chopped fresh leaf parsley (Or 1 teaspoon dried.)
3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice, divided
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 pound sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry. (More is better of course.)
4 cups baby spinach
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the grill to high. Pull beards off of scallops if they’re still attached. Set aside.
2. In medium-sized bowl combine chickpeas, garlic, celery, parsley, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
3. In another medium-sized bowl combine 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss in scallops to coat.
4. Divide spinach onto four plates and evenly spoon chickpea mixture over the top.
5. Grill scallops for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until firm to the touch but not rubbery. Evenly divide among salads and serve immediately.
4 Servings (I ate two servings myself. This recipe really doesn't feed four as a meal so keep that in mind if cooking for more than two people.)
Amount Per Serving: Calories 113.6 Total Fat 3.1 g Saturated Fat 0.4 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g Monounsaturated Fat 1.8 g Cholesterol 18.7 mg Sodium 201.1 mg Potassium 463.7 mg Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g Dietary Fiber 2.1 g Sugars 0.4 g Protein 11.9 g
Recipe from Health.com. Photograph by Laura Flowers.