Sunday, May 2, 2010
I was looking around for a little weekly cookie inspiration and found it in these orange creamsicle cookies on Susi’s blog, Kochen und Backen Adventures. I thought they would be cute as mini cookies, and used a mini scoop. Thanks Susi!
Orange Creamsicle Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened but not melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
1 teaspoon organic orange extract
2 tablespoons fresh orange zest, grated
3/4 teaspoons baking soda
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
10 ounces SunSpire All Natural White Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a stand mixer bowl, cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together. Add egg, salt, vanilla extract, orange extract, and orange zest and beat to combine. Add baking soda and just mix in. Add flour and mix until just combined. Add white chocolate chips and mix on low to stir in.
3. Using a mini cookie scoop (size 60), scoop the dough and release onto parchment 1½ inches apart. Bake for 7 minutes or until very lightly golden brown around edges. Let rest on cookie sheet for a couple minutes and move to cooling rack to finish cooling. Repeat with remaining dough.
Makes about 56 cookies.
1. To make regular sized cookies use a standard cookie scoop (size 50) and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
2. These cookies freeze well.
Adapted from Guittard and Susi @ Kochen und Backen Adventures. Picture by Laura Flowers.