This slow cooker recipe reminds me a little bit of a past trip to Budapest, or what I remember of Budapest, which is the food of course.
Most of the dishes I consumed were meat and potatoes with various sauces, many with paprika and mustard. Always with lots of red wine, which gave me nasty hangovers and cravings for more rich and saucy meat and potato dishes.
Slow Cooker Pork Chops in Dijon Paprika Sauce Print Recipe.
Jesse liked this meal so well he ate his portion and the extra one too.
1 1/2 pounds mixed baby red, purple and white potatoes
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Healthy Choice Cream of Chicken Soup
1/4 cup cooking sherry
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
4 pork chops, any type
1. Grease the slow cooker with light colored oil. Scrub the potatoes and place them snuggled together in a large oval slow cooker.
2. In a bowl, mix together soup, sherry, Dijon, garlic, thyme, paprika and pepper. Pour mixture over potatoes.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter until the foam subsides over high heat. Gently add the pork chops and season with salt and pepper. Sear both sides.
4. Place pork chops on top of the potatoes. Scrape pan drippings into the slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2. Plate and spoon sauce over potatoes and pork chops. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
By Laura Flowers.